Android devices fail more, more Betas, Apple fuels wearables, Apple TV boost


Failures

Android devices fail at a higher rate than iOS equipment — Blancco Technology Group released its State of Mobile Device Performance and Health trend report for the fourth quarter of 2015 (ending 12/31/15), and the results pretty much show what iOS owners already know — iOS devices don’t fail very often. The most interesting finding? Most of the time, failures aren’t hardware related – 85% of device failures came from Android devices, and it’s not just because there are more of them in the wild. The information is based on failure rate – not total failures – and iOS devices had much fewer (the remaining 15%) issues. The majority of failures (27%) were devices made by Samsung, 21% Lenovo, and 18% from Motorola and the other manufacturers making up the remainder.

Incoming! Apple releases  watchOS 2.2, tvOS 9.2, and iOS 9.3 — Apple has been releasing developer betas of OS X El Capitan, watchOS, tvOS, and iOS on Mondays about two weeks apart and then following up two days later with public betas. Today brought watchOS 2.2, tvOS 9.2, and iOS 9.3 (and beta 4 of OS X El Capitan 10.11.4) to registered developers, so we can expect the public beta versions to drop on Wednesday.

IDC: Apple Watch helps fuel strong growth in the wearable market — The worldwide wearable device market took a big step forward in the fourth quarter of 2015 (4Q15), fueled by the growing popularity of fitness trackers and the Apple Watch.

Fourth gen Apple TV adds more channels to universal search and Siri search — Apple has added Watch ABC, the Disney Channel, Disney Junior and Disney XD. to the fourth generation Apple TV’s universal search and Siri search.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s